Spent The Day Updating a Blog

Well, I didn’t originally intend for this blog to be a “follow what I’m doing blog”, but in the interest of posting consistently I’ll just report here my daily activities towards making money online.

My Theory

I have a theory that any blog with a large number of posts(over 100) will get a considerable amount of organic traffic.  Although, I don’t know if that’s due to the large quantity of content or just because it’s regularly updated.  It’s probably the latter case.  I’m definitely no expert at SEO, lol.  In it’s own small way this blog post will help me test that theory.

Most of my websites have been running an older version of Thesis 1.  Mostly 1.8.5 but a few 1.8.2.  It all just depends on the last time I logged in, which can be quite a while.

A few months ago I logged into the DIY forums to attempt to upgrade my findlovegetmarried.com site to Thesis 2.  I started to do so, but became overwhelmed by how different thesis 2 is from the thesis 1.8.x versions.  In the end I wound up just reactivating the Thesis 1.8.5 theme.

Well today I spent a good 8-10 hours messing around with Thesis 2.0.  This time I was working on migrating my Thesis 1.8.2 design on my buystraightrazors.co domain into the Thesis 2.0 theme.

Slowly but surely as the time went by I became more and more proficient with working with Thesis 2.0.  I got the design to about 80% of where I want it to be.  I’ll work on the rest of the 20% the rest of this week.

I am very grateful for the social media boxes that the Thesis Theme team put together.  Those proved to be very useful in getting the social media buttons installed on the site.  I also utilized one of their customized Aweber forms that they gave away on their blog awhile back.

The lesson for today is:  don’t give up.  If you’re new to internet marketing or building your own website with WordPress it can be extremely frustrating learning new concepts and trying to make things work like you want them to.  Just take it one step at a time and celebrate even the smallest wins.

Drop me a comment, even it’s just to say “hello”…  🙂

0 comments… add one

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *